I love a pizza, but it isn’t always practical to make the dough from scratch.
By getting yourself a packet of ready made puff pastry, you cut down so much time, and it’s really easy to divide the tarts into the sizes you want.
For this recipe, we made two tarts out of one pastry, and topped with the ingredients we wanted to replicate a pepperoni pizza – but you can fill it with whatever combinations you like!
- x1 ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- Basic tomato sauce for the base
- Half a red onion diced
- Half a standard Mozzarella ball
- Six-eight slices of pepperoni (or as much as you want!)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Chilli flakes options
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Roll out the pastry, leaving it on the paper it comes with, and place it on a baking tray.
- Slice the pastry in half (or quarters if making four)
- Score (but don’t cut clean through) around a one CM boarder on each tart
- Now build…
- First spoon on your sauce (maybe some pasta sauce you made yesterday) and next add the onions
- Dot on the mozzarella
- Finally add the meat so this crisps up a bit
- Add a little salt and some pepper and the chilli flakes if using
- Cook in the top shelf of the oven for around 15 minutes but keep an eye on it
- After 15 minutes, use a spatula to gently lift under the pastry to see if it feels cooked.