Perfect for warm summer nights (we do actually have some) is prawn cocktail!
Traditionally a starter in an ice cream glass, this works equally well as a main meal. Plus, it’s pretty healthy, doesn’t have to cost too much and takes no cooking at all! There’s no dressing in the image as that was on the side – I’ve no idea why I did that.
I’ve seem lots of recipes for thousand island sauce, some with brandy, tobacco – even paprika! In order to keep this recipe as simple as possible, this dressing is just one part ketchup to two parts mayo – but you can be as fancy with your sauce as you like!
- Lettuce (I like romaine but iceberg will be fine!)
- Tomatoes – cherry, plum, heritage – whatever you fancy!
- Spring onion
- Tomato ketchup
- 200g fresh cooked sustainable prawns
- On a board large serving dish, put on a good layer of the lettuce
- Top the lettuce with as many tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion pieces as you fancy
- Next dot around the avocado
- Make a little well in the middle and place your prawns in there before topping with the dressing
- Snip over the cress